Becoming a Monitor
Monitors have a diverse array of duties in the space. Monitors serve to create a safe and collaborative learning environment, encourage creative problem solving, spread knowledge about tools, materials, processes, and ideas, and enforce rules of the space.
During their shifts, monitors are expected to:
- Lead an approved BDW Workshop.
- Enforce rules in the space—keeping it safe, tidy, and comfortable.
- Record events and chores in the Monitors' Log Book.
- Wear an apron to be identifiable.
- Respond to member questions and assist with projects.
Outside of their shifts, Monitors must come to monthly BDW Monitor Meetings (during which new policies are introduced & discussed, and major changes to the space can be implemented). They should also be communicative to the rest of the team.
Towards the end of every semester, applications will be accepted for the following semester Monitor-in-Training Program. If you are interested and would like to be notified when applications are released, please send us an email with subject line [new monitor] to email@example.com.
Applications for the 2017 spring semester have closed! Check back in fall.